Canvas Fun

Sunday, June 19, 2011
Dancing with you feet is one thing, dancing with your heart another. 
I have started doing mixed media in journals and on canvas. It is just what the name implies, a mix of paint, paper, embellishments, and whatever else you feel like adding. My friend Sandi posted a challenge at The Scrappers Sanctuary last month to create a piece of art using an image she posted. I originally made this canvas in sepia, with purples and browns. I love the quote, but something about the canvas was just off. 
I decided to redo the whole thing this weekend. I converted the image to B&W, found some basic grey paper I liked, inked some clear hearts and put it all together. I am much happier with this version. 
I will hang above my work surface in my studio. 

1 comments:

sandi rusch said...

Absolutely in love with this... I have yet to use that photo, but you're inspiring me...

Design Credit

 photo 8636bd79-d395-4479-9409-b5974c4db524.png

 photo KHDIGI.jpeg  photo AshleyHughes.png
Powered by Blogger.

Find Me Here

 photo Pinterest.png  photo TPT.png

Fonts

I get the cutest handwriting fonts at Fonts for Peas! kevinandamanda.com/fonts
Back to Top